Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Time to accept pre-pay pumps

It's getting pretty hard these days to find a gas station that doesn't require customers to pay before pumping.

A couple of years ago, such policies really annoyed me. In fact, I was even known, from time to time, to refuse to buy gas at a station that had such a requirement. I'd get myself in a proper huff, and drive down the road to the next gas station, if I had to.

But such policies anger me no more. In a world of $4 gas, where drive-offs are costing gas stations millions (costs that are passed on to consumers) it only makes sense.

Besides, with those pay-at-the-pump card readers, it's become the more convenient way to buy gas anyway.

2 comments:

MrsRobbieD said...

That works out well until they charge you MORE for paying at the pump.

Andy Weld said...

I have never heard of that. Is that happening some place?